In Control

In Control

Friday, October 18, 2013

Cookie Cutter

"I don't cut to feel pain, I cut to make it all go away. It's the only way to become numb, and feel what you've become." ~myself


   Usually, if you're not a cutter, you're a cookie cutter. Everything's the way you "cut" it. You cut little boxes to push people inside to make it easier to deal with them. Kristy's stupid. Meredith's a gymnastic crazy chick. That girl in the corner? She's trouble because nobody bothered to learn her name, or ask why she covers her wrists in silver bracelets. 
   Why not? What did she ever do to you? Wonder why she's crying, in the girl's bathroom, during lunch? Wonder why she seems to hate your guts? Wonder why nothing's ever "normal" around her, that awkward tension in the air when she speaks but you don't know she feels it too. Bet you'd never guess that she hears your "whispers" in the hall, but it's like you're connected to a microphone. But she doesn't have to hear you to know what you think. 
   Just be you. Flip you hair, and show off your manicured nails. Show off your materialism, and your stilettos and your new clothes. Show off the car you got two years before you could drive, but remember to say "that's just my old one".
  Who do you pretend to me? And who are you? I'm nobody. And you know you're important.
   I'm nobody, but I'm so focused on my self.
   I'm selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment